Wednesday, April 16, 2014

One Day at a Time

The dog that was on death row just a couple days ago is still kickin it! It just blows my mind that she was doing so poorly but now is sort of... better...  I love her with all my heart and sort of feel like a bad person that I really was about to take her away from us. Anyway. I don't want to dwell on that right now.

The Chinese herbal medicine that I took home from the vet the day I found out about her prognosis must be working miracles. I see no other explanation for her turn around, except maybe the power of prayer... The name of the herb is yunnan baiyao. And while I'm not going to go in to detail about what exactly it is and what it does, I will give you this, it is often - though not limited to - being used by vets in animals that are going through exactly what Hennessey is experiencing. Hemorrhaging tumors.

With that being said, I'm writing this post today is to share with you an article I stumbled upon while googling the interwebz for information on this supposed miracle herb. The article speaks about, and describes almost exactly, what Hennessey's diagnosis is and the use of this homeopathic drug as a treatment option for it.

You can read the article here:
http://www.charlesloopsdvm.com/articles/hermangiosarcoma

And as sad as it is reading this stuff, there is also some peace of mind knowing that the hail mary treatment (yunnan baiyao) I walked away with that day might actually give my baby more time in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment