Monday, June 11, 2012

chewbacca lives! in my tub every day

so. i've always lost a lot of hair on a daily basis. i know i'm not alone here. we all lose hair throughout the day. but it seemed that i was losing quite a bit. every day - every shower. i would be scooping out this massive sopping clump of hair from the drain/bottom of the tub. ugh. it was so gross - there was so much hair! so much so, that my husband and i fondly named the clumps of hair, my little chewbaccas. chewey, for short.

every day i'd scoop chewey out of tub.


"oughloughloughloughloughloughloughl"

this is an on going struggle that i still deal with today. but recently i was pregnant for 9 months and one of the only perks that i experienced while housing a fetus, taking a mega vitamin the size of a small bird's egg, drinking huge amounts of water and staving off things like alcohol, deli meats, sushi and fun sports like football, was that my crazy hair loss sort of subsided. chewey was... almost non existent. he wasn't really chewey anymore. it was... great! it seemed that for a while there our tub was draining 5x better than it ever had. it was glorious.

but alas. i knew it wouldn't last. something inside of me said, "you know jessica. when you are not pregnant anymore, it's likely that your cheweys will come back..." i knew that it was true. and guess what. chewey is back. that bastard!

but it's like super chewbacca these days. there is something about this wild roller coaster of post pregnancy hormones, or whatever it is that causes us mothers to lose our hair at a ridiculous rate 3-4 months after giving birth, that is just insane. holy moly. i've never seen chewey like this. when i go to scoop him up there is so much hair! it's so thick, soft and cushiony that i cannot even feel the tub drain. i used to be able to feel the tub drain. yowsers and gross!

i took pictures this morning of chewey because i knew i wanted to blog about him. and i didn't want to blog about him without pictures of my chewey. enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------


this is what i remove from my head before i even get in the shower.
i do this by combing my fingers through my hair after i remove
my hair tie.



this is what i pull from the bottom of the tub after
my shower. aka. chewey!



this is what i remove from my head after my shower, when i once
again comb my fingers through my hair.



all my glorious hair clumped together; pre-shower,
shower and post shower.



postpartum chewbacca = chewey on steroids...

---------------------------------------------------------------

and this is just what i get from my head in the morning time. i can't imagine what chewey would look like if i collected all my lost hair throughout the day and balled it up. bleh!





.................jfk.................

No comments:

Post a Comment