Wednesday, August 10, 2011

i like working

i had more work to do today. it's funny, because my day started out as if i wasn't going to have much to do. another one of those... boring days of surfing the interwebs... but eventually some revisions came in for a handful of projects that a coworker of mine was working on. and unfortunately, that coworker was tied up with revisions pertaining to a different project. which meant the boss-man had to seek out someone else to get the job(s) done...

i, bored and sitting in my cubicle corner, heard all of this unfolding. anxiously, i waited for him to realize i was not busy... much to my dismay, he started to ask my cube mate lori what she was working on :-( but quickly he remembered she was tied up as well. i could tell he was beside himself - like - who's going to do these revisions if you girls are busy...? at that point i sort of rolled my eyes and shook my head as i had to interject, letting him know that i could do the revisions... it was weird and annoying. as i kindly offered up my time, there was a moment where the boss-man didn't say anything - a moment of total silence. it made me feel as if he didn't want me working on it. eventually he seemed to accept it - you know - after about two seconds of whatever he was pondering, or not pondering, he said okay. i have no idea what that moment was all about. who cares. i now had work to keep me occupied.

so, i worked on some revisions to some projects. and voila! another productive day. i didn't have as much billable time as yesterday. but something is better than nothing!

...............jfk................

No comments:

Post a Comment