Tuesday, June 14, 2011

and the beat goes on

i feel like i could vomit my face off. i blame a lot of my nausea on stress now-a-days. but that aside - by a show of hands, who here has ever begrudgingly had to celebrate a birthday for someone they did/do not like?

[oo oo. me. right here (raising hand). i have.]

it is the worst. we just got done "celebrating" one of those birthdays here at work, in our dingy little eating area. we fondly refer to this area as the "kitchen". it, by no means, is a kitchen. it's not even close enough to be considered a kitchenette in my opinion. i would love to talk about that one of these day - for now - the good and the bad about today so far:

------------------- good ------------------
  • currently, on the radio, hallelujah is playing. the version by jeff buckley. i have an extremely soft spot in my heart for this song. i don't exactly know why, but it makes me incredibly sappy. and this would be one of the few moments when i enjoy feeling sappiness.
  • i just ate carrot cake for breakfast - love carrot cake.
  • i had an incredible surge of rap song writing mojo. so, i starting jotting stuff down. the flow is good and it's turning out really rap-tastic. i will post it when done.
  • dunkin donuts messed up my order and gave me and extra large coffee and i only paid for a large.
  • there was hardly any traffic on the roads this morning. well. other than all the school buses in norristown that slowed down my drive in.
------------------- bad ------------------
  • i had to celebrate a birthday which involved being 100% fake. for those of you that really know me, it's really hard for me to fake emotions such as happiness. when i show emotions, they have to be for real and from the heart. otherwise, i show nothing at all... seriously, nothing.
  • i share a liking for the very same cake that the person for which we celebrated their birthday likes... carrot cake. we like it so much that we sometimes say it's our "favorite". i loath sharing favorites with people i don't like.
  • i feel nauseous after eating that cake. i think it was too much sugar, too early in the day.
  • it's tuesday - i hate tuesdays more than mondays.
  • my office spouse/cube mate is out sick today. so i'm lonely.
  • i have little work to do today - again. i'm getting to be very bored.

ok. i'm going to get back to my rap song.

.................jfk......................

No comments:

Post a Comment